UBC Undergraduate Scholarships: You can continue those studies in Canada. The good news is that UBC Student Scholarships for Undergraduates is open. In this article, we’ll explain these scholarships, the benefits, and the application procedures.
UBC The Undergraduate Student Scholarships for 2023-2012 comprise the Outstanding International Student (OIS) Award and International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES). The amount and number of these scholarships given to international students each year differ based on the available funds.
The University of British Columbia recognizes the academic excellence of exceptional students from all over the globe by committing over $20 million annually in scholarships, awards, and other types of financial assistance to international students.
The Outstanding International Student (OIS) Award is a once-in-a-lifetime merit-based scholarship for entrance to eligible students once they receive an invitation to UBC. Students selected to receive this award have demonstrated their academic ability and engagement in the community outside of school.
International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) are awarded to outstanding international students who are enrolled in the undergraduate program at UBC. Students are awarded their IMES they begin the first semester at UBC, and the awards are renewable for up three years more of studies. The amount and number of these awards yearly are different, based on the funding available.
- The Study Level: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): University of British Columbia (UBC)
- Studied in Canada
- Deadline- January 15th and 2023 (annual)
- Society, Culture and Society.
- History Politics, Law and History.
- The study of languages and linguistics.
- Fine and Media Arts.
- Economic and Business.
- Earth Environment, Earth, and Sustainability.
- Health and Life Sciences.
- Engineering and Technology.
- Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics.
For more details, Click this link.
UBC Undergraduate Scholarships offer the recipient the following advantages:
- The amount and quantity of these awards each year differ based on the available funds.
The eligibility criteria to be eligible for UBC Undergraduate Scholarships
To be eligible for UBC undergraduate scholarships, a student must meet all the requirements listed below:
- The required language: English is the primary language of instruction at UBC. Every prospective student is required to prove the minimum amount of English before being accepted.
- Country Eligible for HTML0: All world countries.
- You are new to UBC, coming straight after secondary or post-secondary (university or college).
- If you are an international student, you study at UBC using a Canadian Study visa (student visa). (Changes in your nationality status could impact your eligibility for IMES.)
- Exhibit exceptional academic performance and intellectual potential and outstanding community and extracurricular involvement.
- You cannot be nominated to receive a need-based and merit-based International Scholars award.
How do I apply to apply for UBC Undergraduate scholarships?
Follow the instructions for applying for these awards:
- Create a brand new account by clicking this page
- Create your profile to submit your application to UBC. Details are available here.